Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Christmas Dinner Contribution

I know, I know. I don't like cooking.

But for other people, or really mainly events... I find it very rewarding. This christmas I wanted to make something for our dinner (partly because you never know what you will end up eating that day) and decided on Creamed Corn with my own twist.

There have been two recipes that I love, and I ended up combining both for the holiday party at the office, which everyone happily gobbled up, and then again for christmas at home.

I was very happy with the success and this will definitely be one of my staples for any gathering. Unless its a healthy gathering hehe...


The ingredients are as follows:

1. 1 large bag Frozen corn (canned works also, but be sure to drain very well!)
2. 1 pkg cream cheese
3. 1-2 cups half n half or heavy cream
4. 4 tbsp butter
5. 1-2 tbsp minced garlic
6. 1-2 tbsp Parsley
7. 1-2 tbsp Thyme
8. 1 tbsp Red pepper flakes
9. Salt n Pepper

Instructions:

If you use frozen corn, thaw the corn prior to cooking to prevent curdling of the cream cheese. Warm a large saucepan or pot to medium heat, and heat the garlic, butter, and cream cheese together until the cream cheese is mostly melted. Be sure to keep stirring to prevent any burning! Pour in the corn and stir for 2-3 mins. Add the heavy cream to the mixture and continue to stir to melt the remaining cream cheese. Add in the spices together to taste. I like a little bite to my food, so feel free to kick it up a notch with the pepper or skip it entirely.

This recipe was of course, not by the book, as I rarely cook with instructions but rather focus on the ingredients themselves. Hence, my expected lack luster zeal for baking.

Eat and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Totally going to make this! I usually don't care for creamed corn but we'll see!

    Also, my computer has died. Thank god for my iPhone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww can you like, do the whole reboot save feature thing where it recreates your computer from a time before?? i have had to do that a few times, and once in 2008 erase everything entirely...

    i never liked cream corn until this! i love the flavor, so try just a little. not too expensive either!

    ReplyDelete