Friday, December 25, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince


Ok. I know this is more than one full year after the theater release date of this film, but I only just now saw this movie.

Wonderful! There were definitely a few parts that veered away from the book word for word, but nothing too serious in my mind.

The musical score was actually really enjoyable and I definitely kept noticing it during various scenes. Normally I do not, except, of course, for Lord of the Rings. Even though it was, again, darker than the previous, I don't think it betrayed the nature of the novel.

Draco Malfoy's character was given more depth at this point in the story, and the actor's portrayal highlighted this well I believe. Brava!

Now all there is left to do, is wait for the next two films depicting the final and last book! I hope J. K. Rowling feels inspired to write more, either of this world but of new characters and plot (my personal hope) or even expanding on these characters futures as adults in the wizarding world.

Horrah for Harry Potter!

2 comments:

  1. There will be a very serious talk about this at a later date. I cannot put all I want to say in this tiny box lol.

    ReplyDelete