Thursday, February 11, 2010

White Wine Spritzer

For one of the rare times, I again drank at home hehe. I had my last bottle of wine left, a white zinfandel, and for the superbowl I decided to celebrate in style!



The dried flowers I use on the tray are actually roses from a wedding last summer that dried beautifully. They were a pale pale pink and turned into a beautiful creamy yellow with a dark rose edge to the petals.

For my great tasting bubbly beverage, I combined 3 measures of the white wine with 2 measures gingerale. I loved the combination. I think next time I might try a Sprite just to see if that added sugar changes the overall taste.

I was just happy to enjoy an alcoholic beverage for once at home hehe.

I did do some research though and found out I can purchase the vodka and gin and other liquers at a store 4 minutes away from where I live as well though, so I am looking forward to trying out some of the other cocktails I have in my recipe book.

Really, I just want to know how to make a good selection for parties, as well as know what I like. I am well stocked on lemon and lime juice for sure...






Doesn't the drink just look pretty?? So shiny!

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! I would like to try this drink. I'm not usually a wine drinker and it shows lol. One glass and I'm feelin' kinda tipsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tehe well isnt that the fun of it?? Jk no and mixing the white wine (i found i do like white even though not red) with gingerale or sprite "weakens" it as well so you can knock down a few no problem! we are going to have so much fun when we get together... hehehe.

    ReplyDelete