Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wine Red Cowl


 
With the coming winter looming ahead of us, I went into winter fashion mode and started thinking about the colors for this season. And realized I have hardly any red in my wardrobe! This dilemma of course had to be addressed, so on top of a comfy knit sweater purchase, I also started planning a ruby red cowl to coordinate with outfits.
 
I love the look of this cowl I found on Pinterest, and used it as inspiration for mine.
 
Pinned Image



I am knitting this in the Moss Stitch, and while I believe the above was knit with bulky or super bulky yarn, I am using Medium yarn but double stranding with size 11 needles. 

 



 
 It's definitely taking me longer than the previous crocheted cowl, but I think it will look great in the end and be worth the extra effort.
 
Ravelry pattern details:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment