Monday, October 1, 2012

Running Program Day 3


Ok. My plan was to run at the gym every other day, and then work on weight lifting on the off days allowing myself one day out of the week to sleep in and relax. This weekend that plan went out the window lol.

I ran Tuesday, then did weights Wednesday, and ran again Thursday. Then I thought Friday would be a good day to rest so I just went to work, all the while planning on running Saturday. Ha. Well saturday morning rolled around and of course I went to sleep around 4:30 am in the morning. Woke up, heard the rain pounding outside, and completely slipped back into sleep.

Pinned Image

{I want to be this lol}

Lesson learned. Weekends will be tough...

New Plan!

1. Mon-    run
2. Tue-     rest
3. Wed-    run
4. Thur-   weights
5. Fri-       run
6. Sat-      rest
7. Sun-     run + weights

I think this is a much more realistic exercise routine, yet still lets me hit all the running days I need to for the program. And on the weekend, I can spend a bit more time so I will do a combo morning I think.

This morning I did go to the gym and run. This time it ramped up the running to 2 minute intervals which kicked my butt, but I still ran through it and survived lol. The most challenging part for me is breathing... once I get to 1.5 minutes the heaving starts and I feel like I am having an asthma attack, which I am not. I think it will take me a few more weeks than scheduled to get my body to the end, but thats okay. I had a good 20 minute heart work out today, so proud of myself. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment