Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie




If you haven't figured out my perfectionist tendencies, well today is your lucky day. I don't usually enjoy baking as a rule and tend to stick to cooking, but I have always wanted to find the perfect recipe for a great chocolate chip cookie! And I finally found the right combination! 

Its really a blend of two recipes. One is the NY Times recipe, which used bread flour and cake flour, as well as sprinkled sea salt before baking. The texture of this cookie is sort of crunchy chewy so if that is your style, hit this! 

I prefer less crunch and have found a love for using Butter Flavored Crisco to get the exact texture I heart. You definitely have to have the butter flavor there though, very important. I also love the addition of the sea salt though, and this amalgamation is the ultimate! 

Mmmmmm yum. Milk please!


2 comments:

  1. lol I'm glad you found a recipe that you love. :) I used to want to find the perfect chocolate chip recipe and then I came to the conclusion that I don't really like chocolate chip cookies in the first place. Also, my mom uses the crisco trick. I totally forgot to tell you that the other day. :)

    ReplyDelete