Monday, June 27, 2011

Masterpiece Mondays!

*drum roooooooooooll*

Tada! The first of many posts to follow, featuring a sketch or finished work! This is mainly to motivate me in my artistic evolution hehe.



This weekend I completed this drawing, which is part of a two piece installment. I won't go too much into detail about this until next week when I have the set complete, since obviously they are meant to display together.



This was pretty fun to work on though! It started out just sort of sketching the satin tie to practice fabric textures (and come on, whats more fun than satin and silk?) and ended up expanding into a concept lol. Love and relationships are just inspirational I think.

I am planning on going to Kinko's to allow me to actually scan the image, since my little phone camera is rather deficient in pixels lol. It definitely does not delineate the detail of the pencil, which simply will not do for printing purposes. Oh, and I need a photobox lol.

Can't wait to show the match to this one!

1 comment:

  1. This plan is awesome! I think that the biggest problem you're going to have is not putting ALL of your artwork on your walls lol. Maybe you could rotate collections?

    I think this particular sketch is an incredibly well done still life sketch but it doesn't seem to have any life in it. I'm not sure how to explain it but it just doesn't seem very dynamic. All of your other people-based sketches have movement in them in some form or another so this sketch seems a bit off to me but it is still a really really great still life sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete