Monday, June 27, 2011

Lasagna, My Way

The first actual recipe/meal in several months! Ahhh the single life.

I randomly got on a kick to make lasagna, thinking to improve upon a century old recipe. Alas, it tasted like... lasagna lol. Quelle surprise.



INGREDIENTS:

  • Garlic
  • Portabella mushrooms
  • Roasted red bell peppers
  • Italian hot sausage
  • Fresh spinach
  • Marinara sauce
  • Mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan cheeses
  • Noodles
I was uber excited about this recipe because of the ingredients, and while still in the saute pan everything tasted great! Then the tomato sauce joined in and sapped out all the delectable flavor. The spinach was a plus though, and I will keep that in the mixture fo sho!  My next plan involves Trying more of a white cream sauce instead to bring out the flavor of the vegetables. Maybe some roasted chicken rather than sausage?




 Its so friendly! And conducive for work lunches lol.

2 comments:

  1. Aw! I love the photo on the table! It kind of looks like the lasagna is sticking its tongue out at you lol.

    If you use a white cream sauce does it still count as lasagna? I like the idea of the chicken and white cream sauce but I think it would be like a theme alfredo lasagna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think you are correct. I will call it... My Creamy Sauce Lasagna lol! As long as it tastes good, and refrigerates well for lunches hahaha.

    ReplyDelete