Sunday, April 4, 2010

Melanie Rawn's Exiles Series

I have already read the entire series I believe, but I only own the first two and decided, as this series is the first of 3 trilogies by Melanie Rawn which I almost entirely own, to begin at the beginning.

I picked up Exiles: Ruins of Ambrai the Sunday after my MCAT day for some guilt free indulgent reading for the first time in several months. It's not as well written as I had remembered, but of course that was more than 7 years ago... The story itself is very much political in nature and not half as good as it could be.

I think if she was better at leaving out completely useless information about some of the minor characters, it would have been much better. She also could have written the characters better but she must be limited by her talents.

I am on the 2nd novel now, The Mageborn Traitor, in the hopes that things become better in either the last novel or her next trilogy. Here's to hoping!!!

If not... I may have to send these back to Half Price in favor of another author.

We shall see, we shall see!

I still like the artwork though. Yay for Michael Whelan!

No comments:

Post a Comment