Thursday, February 21, 2013

Etsy Shop



So, since deciding on pursuing art as a major part of my life, one of my goals has been to open up an Etsy shop to sell original drawings and prints. Of course I still have many other things to do to prepare for the opening, but one thing which has been plaguing me is finally complete!
 
I finally settled on a concept for my etsy shop banner!
 
Well, at least for now lol.
 
I still want to play around with it of course, but I am happy with using this as a base to jump off from. I also now have something to base my business cards, thank you notes, and packaging designs off of.
 
The idea really originated from my love of topiaries! I wanted to use them in the same way many home and shop owners display them on each side of their entrances. I love the charm and welcome they always seem to convey. And its so English! Unfortunately with the dimension limitations set by Etsy, I wasn't able to design something incorporating them that I loved.
 
Solution? Lamp posts!  Don't ask why lol.
 
{Lantern #1}                     {Lantern #2}
 
I ended up drafting a couple different lanterns, then went into Paint and touched them up and incorporated them into a banner. I had to cut it up a lot in order to keep the size right, so afterward drew up a new lamp that fit the proportions much better.
 
Final result!
 
 
Its very simple, but I like it. And I can make it festive for holidays according to my whimsy. 
 
 
One little task officially complete!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment